Thursday, April 1, 2010
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Hershey’s Assorted Miniatures
Of course I’m talking about dessert! You know what I mean. Here comes the dessert cart or you’re walking through the food line and at the end is 8,000 choices of delicious sweet goodness. You don’t want to pile your plate, but it’s pure torture deciding between that slice of cake or scoop of pudding. So why choose one? Which is why I love, love, love these cookies. Have a candy bar, and multiple ones at that, and a cookie! That’s right! Meet Chocolate Chip Cookies with Hershey’s Assorted Miniatures. It’s like five desserts in one cookie. You get a cookie, you get Mr. Goodbar, you get milk chocolate, you get Special Dark, and my personal favorite Krackel.
So, how’s it taste?
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Hershey's Assorted Miniatures
45 Hershey's Assorted Miniatures
8 oz. butter (2 sticks) room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Coarsely chop the candy bars.
3. In a large bowl using electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4. Add the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until well blended.
5. Fold in the chopped candy bars.
6. Using an ice cream scoop or teaspoon, scoop 1-inch rounds of dough onto prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until just golden.
8. Let rest for 2 minutes before transferring to a rack.
9. Cool completely before storing. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.